My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Welcome to my photography blog. I enjoy to showcase my work here in landscape, portrait and wedding photography.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Recap, just a little taste!

I have more pictures on my hard drive which is packed right now, so I'll add more pictures of the Hawaii journey in a bit.
The senior year of college was a grand one, as I mentioned, and it was of adventure. I was a bad son and asked my mom if I could miss Thanksgiving at home because I found a killer deal to go to Hawaii. In hindsight, Hawaii can wait, family never comes last. I still had a stellar time for 13 days in paradise, hitchhiking around the North Shore, sleeping on my friends couch two blocks from the temple and body surfing on a daily basis!
I went skidiving, hiking to tropical waterfalls, looking for turtles (didn't find them), ate famous shaved ice and Ted's Bakery, longboarded around BYU-Hawaii and met the entire student body , there aren't that many people therefore it didn't take much effort. My brother was on medivac alert in Japan and had to fly to Honolulu for a day so we hung out and got to eat some real ahi tuna. Seeing Derek was one of the highlights to the trip, a familiar face and similar sense of adventure, even though he was dead tired, I still loved it!
I definately learned I'm a mountain boy, I love the tropical paradise don't get me wrong, but I need my seasons and my skiing. Hawaii has not seen the last of me, I left my footprints there!

No comments:

Followers